Friday, July 12, 2024

Apostolic Life ( Prayer Warriors)'s Post

God’s Call for Reconciliation

"The Lord God called to Adam and said to him, 'Where are you?'" (Genesis 3:9)

It is human nature to hide our weaknesses. Here we see Adam being sought by God after committing sin. Adam’s purpose in hiding was not because he recognized his mistakes and was afraid to meet God face to face. No! Adam hid because of the weakness he saw in his body. If you read the next verse carefully, you will see this:

"He said, 'I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.'" (Genesis 3:10)

In this verse, the emphasis is on "I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." He doesn’t say, "I was afraid and hid because I had wronged you or sinned." Adam’s focus was on himself; he did not pay attention to the sin he had committed.

So, what do we learn from this? If you sin, you will inevitably face negative consequences. The first and most significant thing is that sin separates you from God. Sin removes you from the level of excellence and position God has placed you in. Many people are not where they used to be because of sin. Moreover, sin causes you to lose what God has given you. Adam lost the glory of God.

Now, man of God, when you make a mistake and lose what God has given you, do not hide like Adam. Many people today focus on their status. Even when they make mistakes and lose some of their possessions, their primary effort is to restore those things instead of first seeking to restore their relationship with God. Matthew 6:33 says, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Perhaps you have made a mistake and are going through challenges, or you have not made a mistake but are facing difficulties. Do not hide your challenges; speak openly with God. If it is a sin, do not hide your sins; speak to God, ask for forgiveness, and He will forgive you. Whenever you encounter any problem, do not stay away from God; draw near to Him through prayer and supplication, and God will help you.

Prayer: O Lord, I confess all my weaknesses to You. There is nothing in my life that is hidden from You; You know everything. I come to You, asking for Your mercy to remove all challenges and shame from my life. Amen.
By: Baba Janice via Apostolic Life ( Prayer Warriors)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Apostolic Life ( Prayer Warriors)'s Post

Isaiah 59:1-3 NIV [1] Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. [2] But your iniquities have sep...

Popular posts